Monday, June 9, 2014

Day One

Today was the first day to my Beach Body Challenge and I will say this, I am obsessed. I find myself only wanting to tell people about every little aspect of it, especially my food and menu!

I was up pretty late last night so I allowed myself to sleep in a little bit, which I was afraid would offput my meals for the day. I had a menu set, so I decided to just go with the flow and see what happened.

I began the day with the workout which was the 30 minute full body cardio. I LOVED it. The set up is great, though difficult. I didn't have weights today so I had to follow the modified workouts when it came to the ones that required weights. Honestly, though I was sweating at the end, I definitely am beyond modified workouts and am so excited to try it again tomorrow with weights. The ab aspect of the program kicked my ass and I struggled with neck pain. In order to compensate and still get a workout I did some other ab workouts for the allotted time that don't hurt my neck. (V sit ups, Crazy Ivans).

The eating and planning to eat was so much fun for me. (Yes, I get it I'm a total lame-o)
Each container represents a different food group and I get different amounts based on calorie intake and so as I plan out my six meals a ay I have to place those all in different places.

So my meals today were:

Breakfast: Shakeology 

AM Snack: Blueberries

Lunch: Grilled Chicken, Steamed Carrots

Snack: edemame beans, yellow peppers

Dinner: Lean Pork Chops, Brown Rice, Broccoli 

Key:
Red- 4 containers (protein)
Green-3 containers (veggies)
Purple-2 containers (fruits)
Yellow-2 containers (not really sure what this food group is)

Anyway, my first day was super successful and I'm just so excited for what this challenge is going to do for me, I already am seeing more and more clearly on a healthy scale.

I was lucky today was good, but I know that they aren't all going to be this easy and fun. It's going to get hard and there are going to be distractions and moments of weakness. I just have to stand firm and remember how badly I want this and how good I feel when I accomplish it. I am the only one that can stand up and do this for myself, but I also am so glad that I have a lot of people backing me up and helping me do this for me.


Also, my friend Haden (he is kinda a fitness guru) is giving me a quote a day throughout the challenge and this was today's:)
"the difference between the impossible and the possible lies with ones determination"

I have always been known for my determination, even ridiculed for it at times. I'm ready to dedicate it to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment