Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Day 3

Ah, another day of distractions! We went to a friend's party today where there was just food galore. It was killing me! However, I stuck to my guns and didn't even take a single bite of anything around me! I was so proud of myself! Here are a couple simple tricks that really helped me stay on track:

1. Timing it so I can eat one of my meals when there is other food around. Today, for example, the party was in the afternoon right around lunch and afternoon snack. I made myself a plate, like everyone else was doing and ate right along with the majority of my food. That way I didn't feel left out or the need to longingly look at other people's food.

2. Having a water bottle in your hands at all times. I take my water bottle everywhere with me. So when I'm tempted to eat, I just keep sipping on my water!

3. Kind of along the above note, if you see everyone around you chowing down on the delicious cake or oreos with whipped cream on top (kids will eat anything sugary, won't they), simply infuse your water with fruit and mint to sweeten it up or drink Ice Tea instead:)

Leaving the party I felt so much better about myself because I both stuck to my challenge and I didn't feel full and icky with food I really didn't need.

The workout today was a struggle for me in multiple ways. One being that it was specific to my arms and abs. Because of a disability  with my left side, specifically right arm it is both very important and very hard to do strength exercises. The program definitely tested me. Another struggle I had was the lack of sweat. Even though I know it was a good workout, I felt like I hadn't worked hard enough because I wasn't intensely moving the entire time. To make up for this, I played basketball for about twenty minutes.

Today was definitely a good day, I'm starting to really get the hang of planning my menu and knowing what works where. Right now I'm feeling a little bloated (I have a food allergy to peppers), so I'm trying to ignore that a bit and not irrationally associate it with the program.

I had a good day of eating today!

Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs (no butter, or salt/ cooked in pan with no-stick spray)

Snack: Shakeology (I infused it with lemon juice! SO GOOD)

Lunch: Grilled chicken, brown rice, watermelon 

Snack: Cottage Cheese, carrots

Dinner:  Salad with edemame, Walnuts, Steamed Broccoli

Snack: Grapes


Here is my Haden quote for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment