Friday, June 27, 2014

21 Days Later...

The 21 DayFix isn't magic, it's not going to give you rock hard abs, and make you lose all your belly fat in just three weeks. However, it does give you hope and a damn good place to start.

I'm not going to lie, it was difficult. There were somedays where I just wanted to throw my container out the kitchen window and just gorge in my sadness. (Which, is terribly ironic. You eat when you are depressed about your weight.) I cheated three times and though they weren't bad cheats at all, I still felt guilty and drank like a gallon of water after.

Im really happy with the diet plan and all the things it taught me; especially portion sizes and bad carbs vs. complex carbs. It also taught me that ground turkey isn't an enemy and kale is seriously a superfood. If you would of asked me 20 days ago how I felt about Shakeology I would say, "yeah, it makes me feel good, but I have to basically choke it down." But since the last three days of the fix are specifically planned out, sans Shakeology, I am craving it. I can't wait for tomorrow morning to have my banana, strawberry!

Another thing I was really proud of myself was that I never skipped a workout. Everyday, no matter how ugly and down I felt or how cold I was, I got up and worked for that whole 30 minutes. Autumn Calabrese does. not. mess around. I'm so proud of my improvements in the work outs and I'm obsessed with interval cardio training. I only lost 6 pounds, but I also gained a lot of muscle! (my booty feels awesome)

I really really recommend this program. Because it is so short it really can get you on a good trail. Seeing results, even minor in a fast amount of time is really encouraging to keep you going. I'm far from done with my journey, this is a lifestyle now. I have a really great base understanding of food sizes and what to eat and exercise and DRINKING WATER. A fitness journey is never easy and I really want to stress that it's okay to slip up, to have a moment of "fuck it". Just keep working, do extra, don't give up.

If you have any questions feel free to comment or if you want more day to day specifics like what I ate, how the workouts went, I blogged the first seven days individually below this post:)

See you in the gym;)

Here is my before and after:)


No comments:

Post a Comment