Thursday, January 7, 2016

Day 2 and the satisfying change of plans

Best of today: The salad I ate for lunch. Maybe it was because I got to eat it after one of the toughest hikes of my life that made it so satisfying, but goodness, it was delish.

Worst of today: Seconds for dinner. Although, below you will find out why I won't beat myself up for it.


I was worried about today because I knew I wouldn't be home for most the day. I was more anxious about drinking enough water (I'm supposed to drink 72 ounces) because I would be on the move. However, I reached my goal at about 7 p.m.  after dinner.

My boyfriend had been anxious to get me to hike up Bishop's Peak here in San Luis Obispo for quite some time so I finally obliged. It was strenuous, steep and crazy slippery. It was definitely the perfect mixup for workouts.

Because of all the water, I wasn't all that hungry today so I didn't feel the need for my midmorning snack.

Today I ate:

Breakfast:
That delicious egg white omelet

Lunch: the worlds most delicious salad
-Mixed greens
-grilled lemon chicken
-goat cheese (my actual weakness)
-Avocado
-blueberry
-basalmic vin

Snack
-Carrots
-Peas
-apple slice

Dinner:
Okay so I had a pretty simple meal planned out for dinner but we decided to go visit Billy's friend for his last day here and we all made dinner and it was so delicious and satisfying and relatively clean. I probably ate a little more than I should have but it was one of those life moments that you got caught up in the laughter and the tasty and the moment.

We had:
pesto grilled chicken pasta (worst part)
Salad
egg plant baked in whole wheat, brown rice bread crumbs.


Really, it could have been much worse and for the first time in a long time, I don't consider it a "cheat."

This is a process, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment